Saturday, February 22, 2014

Strawberries


I'm nearing graduation and six years of university had taught me a lot about myself, a lot more about people and a little bit about life. Its all a choice when it comes down to it. I used to be one of the people that never wanted to admit that they cared enough, I say "used to" because I truly hope I'm full on my way of ridding myself of that, to care is to put in an effort and I lacked that; why build a mud house near a waterside? it makes no sense to invest in wasted.

Let me take you on a journey with me.

I had a hard time connecting with kids at my school, when my mom dropped me off (a nicer term for abandoning me) for my first day in school, I cried and cried with all the rain of a four year old for my beloved mother to come and take me back, save me from all these humans sitting in their assigned chairs and desks, looking at an empty black board that resembled my drained soul by the end of first period.

A nice boy then gave me a share of his candy, needless to say I recovered quickly. But hey (my future babies) never accept candies from a stranger even if that stranger so happens to be an adorable boy with a gum stuck in his hair... I wonder where life took him now, I hope he's well.

Not all boys were as sweet though, there was this one boy, who used to pour juice over my head and he always smelled of pee pee... And yet, I hope he's well too with a nice smell upon his flesh.

Girls were a different story, they taught me how to be sneaky and introduced me to this invention of a "skirt" barbies were also a foreign term until I got into school. Damn these "perfect" polished dolls with their artificial standards that brainwashed young girls everywhere. I can write a thesis on them but I won't. I gave them all away, and I'm glad I did.

Throughout school I had friendships, a lot but only for the sake of having them, I didn't really know any of my friends, and I never bothered to. I shared many laughs with them, I cried with them, but ultimately I never learned their core.

I think thats what I dislike most, you can share many years with someone but never really learn about that someone, people are satisfied with hanging about and laughing around, and that's really great, but how about more? Only now, I'm asking for more.

My aunt -may she rest in eternal peace- was an important person to me, but only now I'm learning about her; her life stories, her experiences, and all the great love she left behind. Her spirit lives on every time a sadness takes over only to be overshadowed with pure bliss for all the memories that are filled with her very essences. I smile when her name is mentioned, I know she blessed me in ways beyond any comprehension or reasoning. She is home, always.

I have started a quest, and I've reached a milestone. I've learned a lot about myself, and I'd like to share what I've learned with you:

- The past can enslave you; let go of it, bad years are a lesson and a blessing in disguise

- Happiness is a choice, you welcome it when you choose to

- Love everyone your heart desires to love and show them. And if you can't show, doesn't mean you stop

- Forgive all those who wronged you. Forgiveness brings peace

- Appreciate your family and recognise the fingerprints they left. Don't try and erase it.

- My mum is whole (I love her always)

- Learn about everything and embrace your weirdness

- Never lose that shine in your eyes

- If you're misunderstood, its not your fault. People tend to have a preconceived idea of others

- Forgive and love regardless

- Smile smile smile

- Use your imagination, create a library inside your brain

- Pay attention to what moves in front of you, colours are interesting

- Hold a special place in your heart for everyone who departed from your life

- Write orgasmically

- Milk is soul enriching

- Hope always

- Be random and sing outside, why only birds do it?

- Attachment isn't love

- Help others and hold your family above all

** Ok so I have Oprah-ed my way into this post and out of it, if you're reading this I want you to know one thing; fart jokes always lights up the mood. No matter what. 

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 16# Dont make sounds while you eating ....cuse you never know what's going to happen ...

    ReplyDelete