Saturday, August 29, 2015

Love At 4AM


Distance unveiled you to me, an incomprehensible idea of love that always eluded me, in peaceful silence I understood completely, what books never taught me

You held me like a promise, from the start; the promise of the young, to leave behind, ashes of a town that never once embraced the longing of it's people

With you, moments transcended the concrete poetry of the ever-present now, we are fashioned in an escape from the shorelines of time

I find no words in which to contain you, yet you stretch across the pages of contemplation, I know only that I love you: that I have only loved you

You spoke the raw language of faith, the one I once erased, eternal gratitude binds me to The One, covering two souls in an awaken infinity of signs pointing to the Divine

A thousand candles glittering with warmth, of trust that never once questioned itself

My breath is tangled with homesickness; home is you, home is the reading marks of last night, leaving a little note of you to say: I was here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment