Sunday, January 12, 2014

Places

Her eyes told stories; her eyes told the different kind of stories; the ones that are filled and soaked in magic, with innocence wrapped all around it and yet beneath it all lies the pain and tragic. Her eyes belonged somewhere else; solely and distant. Her eyes were of one that craved a deeper understanding; were of one that craved a comfort outside of hiding.

I can still remember the first time I locked eyes on her, waited for her to see me the way I saw her, to offer me a chance to get to know her, her conversations brought me to her; brought me sober, I felt a heavy craving for her, to fill every moment of the night with every-whole of her, to mix myself with her, to kiss her and learn how my tongue fits her, to kiss her until my soul is brave enough to reach hers, to breathe the holly earth into her, to taste the rain in her, to learn the smile that made her eyes shine in the way they do, to learn about the places she always escaped to.

She was my desire; anew, she was a destiny; destined for me to take the next step towards the much bigger and greater me. I can't fathom the spell she has on me; even now as I write this letter, part of the many letters I wrote of her; hoping they might lead me to her, or bring her back to the place in the journey; that was her stop and start for me.

My mind looks for her; in peaceful places where its free to indulge in the thought of her; her face even though the features might have changed, the mental picture I have of her that night is forever engraved to my brain, her lips that awaken the sun everyday, her words gloved in whispers, her touch... after all, it only takes one soul to touch another; in parts unknown to discover more and more.

She wouldn't know all the different ways she made me feel, I can still breathe her scent in places and find myself tracing it to nowhere; alone. 

1 comment: