Thursday, April 9, 2015

Interlude


We lie down, in the whispers of a night, bare chested, skin against skin, clinging to the heat of our bodies, underneath a warm blanket. he puffs his cigarette, I circle my finger around the tiny hairs on his chest, feeling his heart beating under my palm. I watch his lips streching into a secret smile, I tug him, just a little, 'take me with you' my heart sings, to explore an expansion, of his mind, mine, ours, spending hours contemplating the insides, he looks at me and smiles, that patient loving smile, that speaks of gratitude, blessing the moment for its bliss-filled perfection.

We talk about life, painting meaningful explantions, we talk about God, we talk about devoted surrender, and fear of not being good enough; fear of never being good enough.

He brushes my hair, abandoning his cigarette with a third inhale, 'come closer', we lock in a tight embrace, I breathe his neck, he smells of everything I trust, everything I've longed for; sustainability, I once thought impossible. he smells of love, he smells of everything I love. he'd breathe me in, my hair reminds him of what he misses each morning, the fuel that keeps him going. 'home' he sighs heavily, a lonesome traveler's dream of saying this word.

I pull away, to take a look at him, him; whom I've been waiting for. with glinting eyes, I place my hand on his chin, leaning in, I kiss his lips, once again, I'm reminded of heaven's promises, 'make love to me' I kiss him again, tenderly over the ear. he rolls over to dim the light, and all I feel is union. I am one with the one, I am coming home. I am finally home.

No comments:

Post a Comment