Saturday, April 21, 2018

a woman, becoming

you held my hand, the way you would a responsibility; with an immediacy that produced no calculations & the soft-spoken honesty of a sure language; softening a heart out of a mean & cruel isolation 
my days unfolded in growing passions; with the tender console of a man who evoked strange yet familiar senses in me; pages in me, parts of me, I had never dared touch before, a man devoid of the vain flattery of a lawless society, a man with the firm tone of a moral constitution & virtue 

With you, I feel like a woman becoming; arriving at maturity, surely, securing a strength in self with the quiet privacy of a determined purpose, adorned with a love of gravity; free of the insincerity & pretense of understanding, held-in a delicate mood of a fine comfort & companionship unlike any other

love like the gentle-kiss of an early spring, I am filled with the beauty & grace of serenity; grateful to the Almighty for blessing me with a man whose heart as generous & giving as the ocean, a man with a fondness resting-in solid grounds; certain, kind & unspoiled grounds.

No comments:

Post a Comment