Thursday, October 17, 2013

Restless Sleep

There's not much time left
Yet you'll find me waiting
And I've cried in distress
Broke into an awakening
I can't seem to make sense
Of what to come and go
I need more this time than:
'That's just the way it goes'

I don't think of you as much
I try not to do
I've always hid behind these rocks
And walls that shut me through
You're not here with me
And I can't seem to reach you
These words are bond to choke me;
A shaken prayer, promise, to mislead you

Take the memories and leave the past
Filled with the mistakes of a missed chance
Dwell on sadness and painful times
Of hospital visits, surgical cuts and lines
I fail to reminisce even when I'm alone
My memories come to miss
By a sight of you alone.
I won't forget what you were like before
But I can't seem to remember you anymore

There's not much left to say
All I'm left with is to wait
Silence and hope decay
And all feelings left today
Still I can't seem to find a way
To end the restless sleep today
So I'll start again tomorrow
I'll get rid of you
Yet you'll find a way to follow

No comments:

Post a Comment