Tuesday, October 8, 2013

The Gift

"You must be brave enough to look deeper into a man to understand the nature of his heart" An old soothsayer once told me; though I'm not one to believe in that and the future always seemed too far to grasp still somehow behind all the wrinkles and lines that stretched and aligned that woman's face; giving it a distinct and unique shape, her hazel eyes that hint a pain of all the faces she proclaimed to have helped gain, I found myself drawn more into her lies; voluntarily I sat down outpouring my soul into her hand.

"You're a resister, my darling" She said as she touched and traced the lines on my palm; with her eyes shut, she caressed my hand, I looked at her face trying to read the expressions it was starting to make, but I came out with nothing, like a well adjusted routine, she sighed then slowly moved her hand to my wrist, gently stroking as she tried to ease me out of my resist. "Not a believer as well" she whispered almost to herself, with a slight hint to condescend, she kept on stroking my wrist then moving back to my palm, with regularity that was starting to make me calm, but before I could get used to it, she stopped then let my hand free. I looked at her, she was looking at me; both unaware of what's in between, I leaned in to hear what she had seen.

"You have a gift, my darling, but you seem to have forgotten. Theres a dwelling sadness that lingers within you; a bundle you have collected then carried everywhere you've moved. A past that managed to make and keep you blue because of consequences that weren't due. A young girl that looks a lot like you, crying over the night she had been forced to bloom; a wrong direction that was taken, made you lose faith in all that is you should take-in. No wonder you resist, my darling... how can you believe in anything, after what you have witnessed?"

I shook my head, trying to prevent the tears from rolling down, my hands were trembling and it seemed as if my entire body was. She fixated her eyes upon me; without giving away a readable expression, I inhaled what seemed to be the final-few chunks of air and told her to carry on.

"You have a gift, my darling, but you choose not to embrace it. Going through your life everyday with a disguise you have made, what a pity; for it is possible to come across it, but you would rather alter the way for your heart to deny it then cast it away. Love is running thick inside of you, but before you let it show, you must be able to let a man near you, to understand and know you, to embrace and hold you, to like then love you,  before you allow him to enter you. You can't refuse it any longer, my darling, you have grown stronger, learn to forgive the misbehaves of others and let yourself spare a chance for another."

She held her hand out to me, and I took it in, gently stroking my sweaty palm to ease my shakiness, she gave a warm smile, I nodded and told her to carry on.

"You have a gift, my darling, and I know you can feel it, unhappy; you lead a life filled with weariness, you've gotten accustomed to a game that managed to relieve the temporary loneliness, still somehow couldn't manage to cease the emptiness. Everything felt above the surface; no true meaning behind all the words that'd been said. It's time to give up the act my darling, and to undress the disguise that's been hiding the mess. You must be willing to indulge in yourself before you attempt to open up.

You have a gift, my darling, and its levitating more now, allow yourself to feel what you have resisted for so long, the people that care will stay and those that don't are much easier to wash away. Don't let your sadness swallow you. Give in to the river that floods within you. Don't resist the gift, my darling... For the gift is you." 

No comments:

Post a Comment