Thursday, March 14, 2013

Insane

I'm surrounded by lies its all just a camera flash
Smile next to people I don't know laugh when asked to do so
Walk away from the crowd but still keep a distance to be found
When called run as fast as you can so you could "act well this time"
I hear the voices I don't recognize I see the faces all look familiar tonight
A devil and an angel sitting side to side whispering their weird demands
An old man laughing in the dark his own sanity is pulling him apart
The shadows all dancing in the night moving far away from the lights
Could it be ghosts? could it be lost souls? Oh I wish they could know
They're all alive in my head feeding me their own deaths
Cursing at my name to stop but I only whisper its not enough
The pain is part of them but a part of me as well
The scars they made belong to me souvenirs I'd like to keep
Screaming at me 'That's enough' yelling 'It's time to wake up'
But don't they know it's not a dream or a nightmare of any scene
It's a life I'm currently seeing it's an air I'm gently breathing
It's a time for me to be something acting differently
I don't care about the darkness I'll see all I know is that I'm free
Free from the people that never understood me free from the past that kept haunting me
Free from the mistakes I made from the consequences that won't have to remain
Free from a life that never belonged to me free from the person you made me be
Oh father please forgive me I'm choosing to leave what you gave me
I'm becoming someone you won't recognize
I'm becoming my own self tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment