Friday, March 15, 2013

Untitled

I can't love what I don't know It's not a sin if God says no
You can't hide your tears anymore your shame is stronger than ever before
It's not your fault you've been taught to hate yourself that's all you know
The lies you say everyday the truth can no longer relate
To a life you once had before a little kid with nothing to offer the world but a soul
Your hand in mine wet and shaking your voice is lowering with every breath you take in
The words you speak make little sound disguising the pain you have growing inside
With every line I hear the sound of Heaven's doors closing behind
You turn to look with worried eyes you whisper 'It's time to die, It's time to die...
Forgive me father I never knew how much I had to offer you
With every battle you fought with me this one you've forced it out on me
Reminds me of a lesson you once taught me when I was at the age of thirteen
"Greedy eyes can't see the light, God helps with it those who cry"
But I'm not thirteen Dad, can't you see? there's a filth in all your intimacy
But time succeeded to let our hearts grow further and further apart
And now I guess it doesn't matter you say you no longer have a daughter
I apologize for what I did I had no right to make you feel like this
I wish I've listened more carefully and took to heart what my mother once taught me
"All men are hard as stones, that's true. Believe in God and let His love shine on you"
It pains me to see you in so much suffering Oh I do hope you're recovering
The knowledge inside your stories I curse at my name when I recall it
Your face when you found out your world hung upside down
If tears were made out of bullets I wish yours would rain on me
Taking me to heaven or to hell I don't care I'm glad I died in my mother's prayers
Oh father I know you don't care about me no more I doubt you even miss me at all
But father I'll never forget when I was eight you used to tuck me in and always wait
When she sleeps you come crawling to my sheets
Whisper the three words that never fail to make me shiver till this very day
At seventy I guess you can't remember how you killed your daughter one day over the summer.'


No comments:

Post a Comment