Saturday, July 13, 2013

Contact

"I don't like this game anymore." He said as he shifted his weight to face the opposite direction, he thought about walking towards the door, leaving her behind for good, and the many times this thought had crossed his mind; it never seemed more ridiculous than now.

"Please don't treat me this way." Her plea came as predictable to him as his thought of leaving, he had heard it all before; this, all of this... nothing is exciting, nothing is new. nothing at all.
She reached her hand out to touch his shoulder, only the tip of her fingers brushing onto his shirt in their always shaky-hesitated manner. He couldn't deny the electric shock that ran through him as he felt a small portion of her flesh coming into contact with his, he was never able to deny the way she could make him feel, he was always attracted to her, even now as he's seated beside her in a bed he shared with many other women; women that surpassed her in ways he was always made aware of, women that were fixed up to be compatible, women of exotic natures, women of intensive and extensive beauty, women of brains and women who were just plain easy, still as these strange faces clouded his mind begging him to remember a different, a much better time, he couldn't deny the fact that none of these other women ever came close to her. None of them.

"You can never hurt me." She spoke in her quite assertive voice, slowly moving the palm of her hand to his neck and locking him in. He closed his eyes and exhaled, she was now sitting on her knees, behind him on the bed, reaching out with her other hand and interlocking her fingers. You can't hurt me if I hurt you first her thoughts seemed to be saying.

"You don't know me very well." He spoke in his usual weary voice, which she predicted he would have adopted by now, he thought that being concerned for her, saved her a great deal of troubling, but little did he knew that she wanted the troubles just as much as she wanted him. I don't want the good if I can't have the bad and the ugly as well. Her thoughts spoke clearly to her.

"I know you well enough."

"You think you do..."
"I know I do."

"No, you don't. I'm not right for you."
"Who said I wanted right?"

"I'm wrong for you. I'll always be wrong for you."
"I don't care."

"One day you will."
"That day isn't today."

As she spoke her last words she released him, he opened his eyes and sighed heavily, everything surrounding him seemed heavy; the air, the room, the bed, the floor. Everything seemed unbearable, everything seemed tiring, everything seemed impossible. And it was to him. It always was.

The thought of leaving her was unbearable, the thought of being with her was tiring and the thought of loving her was impossible.

He turned around to face her, to mouth the words of a well practiced farewell... looking into her eyes, feeling the air moving around them, he was silent, she was silent and only silence was spoken.


No comments:

Post a Comment