Thursday, July 25, 2013

Strangers

Strangers and even though
I write these words for you to know
I'll leave a scar where it hurts the most
And blame the lies you've never told
Suffering I'll try it too
I'll even name it after you
All of this I'll do and more
To keep these memories forever sore

Strangers and let's pretend
To keep a distance till the end
But when you're far enough to think
And a thought of me is lurking in
Please, I beg of you to let me in
And find a place for me to sink
Even though I won't attempt;
I'll block you out in self defence
But I remind you to not forget
I only push what's hard to neglect

Strangers and nothing more?
Strange to know we'll never know
If I could say what's on my mind
'I want you here all the time'
But since this no longer a design
My mind will change a second time
And I don't know how else to go
Still; I'd hate for you to let me go

Strangers but don't say it yet
Stranger; this I'll confess
A place for you
My heart has kept
But I'd be lying when I say
I'll be waiting for you someday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment