Sunday, July 7, 2013

Fragments


Is it "irony" that Price Tag by Jessie J
played in every single clothing store
I went into?


I was never one of those people to believe in making resolutions, I mean ever since I've made one to become a vegetarian back in the day (I was seventeen) and I've actually survived an entire period of three weeks! I was excruciated. No more. Just say no. Or yes. Whatever. I feel like when you set a time to achieve a particular goal you're only setting yourself up for failure, especially when it's not a goal but a number of goals. People tend to go crazy with the time to change the old habits routine. 

Change isn't always desirable. That is a fact. Change more than often brings negative results. Change can also be useful in letting you figure out exactly where you stand and where you would like to be standing. Change isn't always about you, though. No, sometimes change is for someone else. And that's the worst kind of change. I have been struggling with this idea for awhile now, did I really change or am I only just now beginning to understand my nature better? I think that's a question we should all ask ourselves every once and awhile. I've found a unique sense of comfort in the answer. 

Love is always tricky for me to discuss, only because I don't know it to discuss it. I believe that lust and attraction are powerful enough in deceiving the hopefuls into believing in forever. Nothing lasts forever. That's not an excuse. That's a fact. We don't start something knowing that when it ends it would hurt, we start something because we know that the period between the start and the finish would be worth it. Think about all the memories that would stand the course of time. Isn't that what life is all about? People come and go, that's guaranteed. One thing they can't take away with them is the memories. Ask yourself; would you rather miss out, or miss them eventually? I've found a unique sense of comfort in the answer. 

Life isn't about defining yourself, it's about putting yourself in experiences that would help define you. We all feel lost and confused more often than we should or would like to, and that's okay. Nothing is simple. Life isn't a test you pass or fail. We don't have to have all the answers, and I'm sure having all the answers wouldn't make things any simpler. I'd like to think of life as fragments; of lost family albums, of an old house I once grew up in and is now nothing more than a building, of old lovers even though the word love was always reserved, of old mates and childhood friends that are becoming strangers everyday, of favourite books and favourite bands that made me believe I was cool, of the first time I've cut my hair and the many times I've regretted it, of the teacher that encouraged me and made me discover I could write, of all the memories of the past even the ones I wish would pass, of all the memories of the present and the ones to come after that. The meaning of life is comfort. Finding a unique sense of comfort in everything


No comments:

Post a Comment