Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Forget Me

Forget me, for my sake, it was all a mistake. My words tend to shake, and yours had always failed to take shape. Forgive me, I can't pretend; to be a friend. What a cunning game you've led, that's finally coming to end.

You've lied with me once before; that was what I had always feared most; you've never asked about the heat of this soul when it was laying right before yours, never asked about the past or why it distanced me from all of those I came to pass, never asked about the me I was preparing for you to meet, never asked about the real me, the one I was waiting for you to see, never asked me any of the questions that would require of me to let you in. You've never asked a thing. 

It's over; before it even begins. That's how it usually tends to end; all in the name of self defence. Like a dark cloud you came to me, expecting to fix what was wrong within me, opened your wounds a little for me to see, and to give away a bit of my mystery, I was conscious of myself because I knew; a man in pain is unreliable and strange, a dangerous game for me to play.

A closed cabinet; like you'd say, uncomfortable with living this way; but to get hurt would be the one thing I can't accept or take. A sad girl will soak you in, to open up; you'd have to bear and hold her in, till she finally chooses to give in. A dangerous game you'd take-in. 

Forget me, and I say, before I come to change my way, to leave another mistake that is yesterday.  

No comments:

Post a Comment