Thursday, November 28, 2013

November Rain

I hold a special place in my heart that only you know about. I promised myself to never write another rhyme about you and I during that time, but the years had rolled on me and November is now all I get to see, time never ceased the aching misery, and yet my heart has gone tender for you again; by the looks of it, the weather is on my side tonight, so I'm going to write for you, the way I always promised not to do.

"I want to forget you" these were the last words you left me with, knowing me this wasn't an easy one to say, yet you still managed to say it anyway. I was bare before you; you made a home for yourself with me, pictured all the years to be and what a beautiful life you had to offer me. How silly of a man to fall in love with a woman who never believed herself enough? You had hope; big enough to hold the both of us, yet my cup was still half empty filled with all my buts and maybes.

"Let me in" these were the words you always whispered whenever I got distanced, you took pieces of me away with you, never once minded to hear nor tune my blues. You knew what the inside of me was shaped like, all the walls I tend to hide behind, in a time where I was still figuring out myself, you stood beside me, undressing and waiting; never once got tired of waiting. I was unaware of my affections for you; I blame the past and the person I met before you, that introduced me to a dark hole I disposed all of my feelings into. But when it came to you, I pushed the only thing that sustained me, even though I always knew you were the one that'll save me.

"I want to love you" these were the first words you said to me, back then when you knew little to nothing about me, it was almost a permission you gave yourself, to tell me all about you, and keep certain to leave me no room to doubt you. You made me laugh like no man did, and never once lied about a thing. You've put in the effort for me to understand, that I was the only woman on your mind. How silly of a woman to doubt a man, because it was the only thing she was taught to do as a child?

The men I met after you, were the exact opposite of you. I went along and played a game, been careless with a few sensitive names; what a sad world this must be, when a woman breaks a man only because she knows she can? This was never my intention, yet it makes no difference to mention, all these men had potential, but you left a void within this heart, please take me back to our start.

When you read this you'll know its you, and I know by now you're already somewhere with someone new, I'm not writing this as a plea to leave... I'm not writing this for any reason it seems; perhaps other than the timing and the weather; that brought with them the memories of you and I together. I hope you're happy with her, and you finally came to trust your feelings for her, I only want what's best for you, and I know myself well enough to know; it's not me that can offer that to you.

Before this is over I want to say; don't try to reach me, I know you will. We've been at this for how many years still? All the words that had been said, promises made but never kept, two lovers always willing to retest against all odds and ends. I only want you to know, I'm writing this as a thank you; for you. You made me believe in love and the worthiness I once lost. And for only that I'm always grateful. I'll let the raindrops wash you tonight; this here is my last goodbye. 

No comments:

Post a Comment