Monday, April 21, 2014

Grapefruit



*In my own head*

Sometimes I wonder if people truly do miss each other or is it the memories they once made together, are we just living in a perpetual state of nostalgia? Its absurd to cling to memories, hoping to relive them in a near future. Life is growth, we can't remain in the same place for long (or so I believe) perhaps I'm only now starting to understand myself better, which is why I think it fine to grow out of people; especially ones you were never quite yourself around.

Part of evolving is realising that you don't owe anyone anything, when you are being true to yourself; in everything you do and say, you won't feel a need for an explanation or justification, my words are up to be taken in any way, especially when they're taken by people who only hear what they wish to hear, I've declared to be myself without worrying about anything else, I mean... Its only one lifetime.

These past couple of months were ones of great changes, I guess the truth is always simple in a way, when I have corrected my state of mind, to fixate on whats truly important (ME!) I've realised how everything ravelled itself to me; so simply, all I had to do was take my precious time in understanding and learning.

Pain is familiar, its not that its overwhelming or too much to take, no. It settles with you through the years to become somewhat of a security blanket; I have "trust issues" is one example of past hurt barging its way into the present, we're quick at protecting ourselves from anything that might take us out of the melodrama, because who knows what will happen once the soap opera is over? does life become normal again? (oh no! but I was really getting into this whole I'm-always-hurt-nobody-gets-me stuff) There's this really great ad called Grow Up, let's all look into it.

I have come along way since my last update (how about just saying last year? for the sake of wisdom) I found serenity, and I'm becoming a well-rounded individual, so... Here's to me! (I'd also like to thank God, mum and dad and a few feminists who because of their existence, I now appreciate this blessing called a common sense)

*Grapefruits grow in clusters, so do people
They're sour and sweet, so is life* 


- Self-love, self-compassion, self-acceptance and self-respect, it all starts from within

- Journaling for bringing back perspective, being aware of arising thoughts/feelings

- Let go of ideas when it comes to people, get to know instead

- Let go of expectations when it comes to everything, live mindfully instead

- Your outlook defines you, always fuel your passion

- True love is understanding, its also freeing

- When you forgive, do so genuinely

- When you speak, do so kindly

- Do what you feel is right, detach yourself from outcomes

- Breath in: love, breath out: attachment (thank you, H)

- Lessons and blessings, there are reasons behind it all

- Don't compromise your values, don't do what you won't approve of later

- Use your inner voice in the outside more (this is for me)

- Don't allow the past to break you, don't give people power over you

- Your spirit radiates energy that attracts the right into your life

- Be grateful for what you have, aspire and work hard for what you don't

- Be nice, don't be an asshole


*The sun became full of light 
When it got hold of 
Itself - Rumi* 

No comments:

Post a Comment