Sunday, December 1, 2013

Coffee Talks & Solitary Walks



Tell me something nice


I believe it takes a great loss to change a person's perspective about life, I also believe in the kindness of strangers; but thats neither here nor there, I believe in the good in people, even though I know I always get to see it in a time when its too late, but nonetheless I always feel grateful to have found it. I believe that words always come short when there's no action involved. But I also believe that sometimes words can be so powerful in a time when its needed most. I want to be an open book this time; this here isn't an update, its a part of who I am.

I have never witnessed what great love is like; I know I always tend to run from talking about that probably its because I have been around couples to see what loving is like, and I have been around these same couples to see what losing it is really like. People always talk about luck when it comes to love, and if you think about it, it actually makes sense, only those lucky ones find their missing pieces in another person, what it must be like to love and be loved back, without any hesitations or denying of what is felt inside? A hopeless romantic only for the sake of denying its existence but finding myself looking for it wherever I am at. I don't believe in luck, does that goes without saying that I don't believe in love either? Except I do, I do believe in love and I know its an easy come and go for some, and it isn't like so for others. Its clinging on false hope, because I know my fears are always too powerful to overcome, I fear losing myself in the process of opening up because I don't know what's to come after I'm done.

I only see the good in people; with my own naive -looking- eyes, I choose to only see whats good. There's great in everyone you meet, some just hide or overlook it for their own reasons it seems. I often say I feel sad when I come into contact with certain people, because they're not affecting me as I would like them to be. I have learned to surround myself with false companions because they won't add nor extract anything to my life, it is a waste of energy and effort I suppose because I put in nor invest in neither of those, but its also because I know, there's no hurt to come from interacting with them. Some people are easy to get to know, and others are not; these walls that shut people out are the same walls that protect me from them. I say I feel sad because I hardly ever find those that make me think twice, and so when I do, I find that I could get used to having them around, which isn't as great as it sounds, because people come into your life and walk out of it all the time.

Letting go of the past is what I need to work on most, shaking what has been weighing me down all these years, and figuring out how to be okay with whats inside. I believe that things happen for a reason, and they also happen in due time, destiny isn't necessarily always kind but there's beauty in understanding why it is or isn't sometimes. I've been told I'm cold numerous times, and I guess I might come off as an asshole once or twice, but I'm learning to slowly work on that. Most introverts rely on their shell when they communicate with someone for the first time, which is why I believe first impressions are always blind. I learned only recently, that kindness is easy to grant, helping others in times when they need a helping hand, I also learned that to settle for less is a crime against yourself, If I'll be here are only words you're going to utter through the noise, then never bother with saying them at all.

Its the first day of December, the birthdate of a special family member; but thats neither here nor there. Its also the first day of the last month of the year, where resolutions are starting to form, and changing ways becomes more clear. I have started this post with I believe in this and that, and it only serves it well to end it on the same note of facts: I believe that I'm starting to see things differently, I believe that I'm becoming more aware of my strengths and even difficulties, I believe that going after what I want will make me happy, I believe in the magical power of coffee, I believe in persistence and patience is what I need to work on, I believe Leonard Cohen's voice is a road of clam, I believe that people always have more to offer, I believe in making mistakes and learning from them to find the right way, I believe in the person I want to be, and I believe in the joy life has to offer me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment