Friday, December 13, 2013

Lick My College Degree, First

A little intellect never hurt nobody, try and be somebody. I believe that a woman's choice to do/be whatever it is she wants is entirely up to her, I totally support that. I'm not a feminist, nor will I ever claim to be one (I have said that before and yes I do think its worth repeating) I believe in free will, and personal preferences, a woman has the power of reason; within herself, to find a solid -affirmative- answer to why she's doing what she's doing. Here's the thing, I am writing this post out of frustration, for the state of which -some- feminists think they can go, where they have the audacity to compare pop culture figures (and I use the term figures very loosely here) to role models, I am going to get mad, not only that but I might as well bust a cab up your ass! I'm done with that bullshit. Can I live?

**An introductory** 

I have never had a role model, I mean yes; there are women that I feel are outstanding in what they do, and my life had been shaped with powerful women; from my mother (A.K.A the go-getter) to my aunt (A.K.A the beatnik) to my other aunt (A.K.A shit just got real) and last but -certainly- not least my favourite one -may she rest in peace- my aunt the peacemaker (A.K.A the flower child) so with that being said, I think I know a little about my personality's strengths and where it lies, and also I think I know how my individuality came to be what it is today. 

My aunt once gave me a simple advice, that made a lot of difference to the way I handled things; she said: Never allow a man to pay for your dinner if you can pay for it yourself, there's nothing worse -for a woman- to be in this world than a gold-digger, If you have the money to pay for yourself, then never hesitate. Can you guess which aunt said that? From that moment on, I viewed my independence in a completely new way, it really does surprise me -till this day- how few words can carry with them such change. 

**Anyway, lets get back to my source of frustration, enough family rumination**

When I think of pop culture figures, I immediately think: vaginas and hairdos, that's all there is to it, nowadays, isn't it? I haven't lived in the time where John Lennon and Yoko were the equivalent to what Twerking is right now (I should take a step back for I can't believe I just said that) obviously times are changing, and be it the year 2013, where originality; though it might exists, it is rather difficult to find, everything that these female singers are doing -nowadays- is nothing other than the lively-format of 'copy and paste' from someone else. As boring as that is, that is not why I'm frustrated, no, I am frustrated because feminists (that think they can speak for the entire population of women) are holding these singers up on a pedestal, and are over-analysing whatever nonsense coming out of these singers end, I mean, really? are you kidding me? how can you take any of that shit seriously? Basically what I see here, is nothing more  than the war of airheads; one side has no brains whatsoever and the other side has little but no common sense, for they choose to debate with the no-brains side. UGH! LEAVE! 

**Say no to airheads** 

Women are beautiful. There is no denying that, I have actually had an infatuation with nude photography for some time now, there's something so raw and real (can I talk hipster like?) in the bare body of a woman, so confident in displaying it with no signs of shame or embarrassment because of stretch marks or the many other things women tend to complain about. A woman's body is her choice, to do with it as she pleases. That's it. I hate it when the simple act of expressing one's artistry, turns into an ugly acquisition for someone else, to do/say what they want with it, like when feminists poke their noses into such thing as nude photography, stamp their feet and snap their fingers, with a 'no, no, no' because in their opinion, such photography is the grand glorification of women's objectification that they have been fighting against for some time, I wonder if they look at themselves in the mirror, naked, admiring a tan they recently acquired or a toned figure that was the result of recent trips to the gym, and think: oh shit, was I objectifying myself just then?! A woman doesn't simply reduce herself to a mere object by posing nude. Get that through your heads, feminists! 

**Brains then Beauty** 

I value my intelligence deeply, I love to learn all that is I need to learn, about my interests, all of which that shapes me and my way of thinking. A woman that relies solely on her looks will be a beautiful addition to the silent museum of beautiful beings, and then what? without a character there's really nothing sufficient to hold the weight of that beauty; no matter how unreal it is. The problem with this generation (can I talk grandma like?) is they never had to sacrifice anything for the benefit of something else; this fortune allowed us the gift of indulging in things, that perhaps our parents never had the time for; things like, all the social media networks that circulate the daily and day-to-day interactions, young women are more concerned with picking the right profile picture (out of the many duck-lipped selfies that were taken) and then what? post the picture and feel beautiful? Uh... ok. 

Here's how I see it, theres nothing wrong with making beauty your calling card, (I can feel the feminist heat) but honestly that card will get overused then tortured, and in no time, there's nothing exciting in the silent museum of beautiful beings, you feel me? And that is why, I urge my young cousins and any young female I encounter, I always urge them to learn more about what they're passionate about, what it is they're good at, to excel more, find your interests wherever it may be. beauty can only take you so far. 

A woman's body is her choice; if she wants to pose nude, if she wants to sell it, if she wants to set it on fire. It is her choice. Unless a woman is presenting herself as a mere object and nothing else, then that's a different story, other than that, being objectified is really not her fault, but the fault of the male gaze that was trained to view it that way. When a man offers you nothing but compliments and shallow words, learn that this man only sees/cares about the external you, until/unless he learns about the inner you, the internal being, your thoughts, and all that is that shapes your mental state, then know that, he's one of the few good ones. Cause brains triumphs beauty, every damn time. 

**A final word** 

Hey, "so called" feminists, goeth fucketh thyself! 

No comments:

Post a Comment